Sunday, November 15, 2015

Memento



Memento


I was born and raised in Virginia Beach, Va.  I have always lived within 5 minutes of the beach.  Due to the environment I was constantly surrounded by, most of my childhood memories happened on or near the beach.  The memory I chose to portray is the memory of those average beach days as a kid with a few of my closest girl cousins.  We would spend hours by the dunes, collecting nature and making crafts out of it and using it in our make-believe games.  This is a memento to represent when we would make nature crowns, and every single day, at least one of us had a CocaCola can in our hand.









  The Coke Can
The CocaCola can represents the coke cans we would drink all day while playing and imagining on the beach.

  The Sand:
The sand represents the beach and the dunes of the Chesapeake Bay and the Oceanfront in my hometown of Virginia Beach.

  The Grass Crown:
The grass crown represents one of the many crafts my cousins and I created on those long summer beach days.  We would braid the sea grass and then tie it to make a crown.  I made the crown smaller than my head now, so it looks like it could fit a child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment